Portfolio Perspectives – Recession or Not, That’s the Question
Accelerated interest rate expectations, hotter than expected inflation, a protracted war in Ukraine and continued Chinese COVID uncertainty form a challenging backdrop for markets. As the earnings outlook deteriorates and global economic growth slows, the big R word is on everyone’s mind. Can the U.S. escape a recession should Europe and other key countries experience deteriorating real growth? Jon and Michelle will discuss the macroeconomic landscape and positioning portfolios for the current environment.
Global X 2022 Outlook: Navigating a More Selective Market
In this webinar you will learn:
- Economic growth expectations and their implications for markets.
- Understanding supply chain dynamics, inflation, and the interest rate environment.
- Sustainability, supply chains and disruption.
- Portfolio Positioning within a changing and more selective market.
Thematic Investing & the Stay-at-Home Economy
Widespread efforts to contain COVID-19, including closures of businesses, schools, and offices, has upended many aspects of our everyday lives. In this webinar, Global X’s thematic research team looks at how long-standing habits have quickly changed amid this disruptive environment and what it may mean for certain industries and themes going forward, including Video Games & E-sports, Robotics & AI, Cloud Computing, E-commerce.
Webinar attendees will:
- Understand the Diffusion of Innovations theory and how COVID-19 might be both accelerate and expanding the disruptive potential of certain themes
- See how global pandemics and trade tensions are causing companies to re-evaluate globalization, and consider reshoring manufacturing efforts
- Explore how software as a service (SaaS) companies are enabling the work from home economy
- Learn about changing consumer spending patterns, including the shift to at-home entertainment and online purchases
Jay Jacobs, Pedro Palandrani, and Andrew Little will be available to answer your questions following the presentation.
Our New World: Is it Inflation, Deflation or Something Else?
While an oft-cited risk of expansionary monetary policy is runaway inflation, Global X’s CIO team reminds that policies only become inflationary if stimulus extends beyond the required period of need.