Global Growth Forecast - Q1 (Infographic)
by Laura Sarlo of Loomis, Sayles & Co.,
Some big trends that drove markets in 2015 seem set to stay with us into 2016:
- The US dollar is poised to keep trending stronger
- China’s economic transition and structural slowdown look set to continue
- Central bank balance sheets and policy actions should remain critical to capital market performance
- Total global economic growth should continue to inch higher
What factors could look different in the coming year?
- Rate tightening from the Fed and an ongoing strong dollar mean fewer dollars circulating in the world economy— and at a higher cost.
- For some emerging market (EM) countries, higher capital costs and economic strain are igniting new political tensions. Will we see continued headwinds?
Every quarter, we update our global forecast map. Explore our key themes by region in our latest infographic:
This blog post is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. Any opinions or forecasts contained herein reflect the subjective judgments and assumptions of the authors only and do not necessarily reflect the views of Loomis, Sayles & Company, L.P. This information is subject to change at any time without notice.