Upcoming Free CE Webinars Hosted by Advisor Perspectives
This week, we are set to host a variety of free CE webinars for financial professionals. These webinars cover topics that are intended to help advisors gain valuable insight and education, allowing them to better meet their clients’ needs. At each session, advisors will earn one CE credit for their CFP, IWI, American College, and other certifications. Live attendees will have the advantage of automatic reporting courtesy of our team, while those who choose to watch on-demand may self-report for credit. Below is the schedule for this week and details on how to register.
The Keys to the Real Estate Market During Economic Uncertainty
Presented by: Lara Rhame, Robert Hoffman, CFA, & Andrew Korz
The focus has narrowed to one overarching question: Is the U.S. going to have a recession? Growth has slowed and policy uncertainty has intensified. How will macro uncertainty impact real estate? Investors are faced with a changing real estate landscape amid an aggressive rate hike cycle. We explore the implications of higher financing costs, and potential new strategies to capture value and discuss the impact that rising rates are having on the housing market.
Register now to learn:
- Sentiment is eroding and consumption is fading, despite a strong labor market.
- We expect inflation to remain elevated in Q3, creating tough choices for the Fed.
- Mortgage rates are rising significantly as the Fed acts aggressively to combat inflation. This follows a two-year period during which record-low rates helped drive annual CRE property price gains near 20%.
- Real estate fundamentals are solid, and we believe most sectors appear resilient even in the face of an economic deceleration.
- Higher financing costs act to shift income from property owners to lenders, altering the risk-return balance in favor of debt over equity, in our view.
- Higher residential mortgage rates have already slowed home sales and construction activity substantially. While home price growth is set to slow further, we see little evidence that the financial excesses of the last housing crisis are present today.
Navigating the Mortgage Market Through Rate Volatility and Quantitative Tightening
Presented by: Henry Song, CFA & Douglas Gimple
The US agency mortgage backed-securities market makes up more than a quarter of the Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond index. This market segment is entering a period of uncertainty due to ongoing volatility in the rates market and the prospect of the Federal Reserve reducing its allocation to agency mortgage-backed securities. Join Henry Song, portfolio manager for the Diamond Hill Core Bond and Short Duration Securitized Bond strategies, for a discussion about the recent historic shift in interest rates and the impact on the residential mortgage market and fixed income investing. Henry has been investing in this part of the market for nearly two decades and brings his insights to the conversation, sharing his experience during the volatility of both the financial crisis and the more recent pandemic-induced market upheaval.
Register now to learn:
- The agency residential mortgage market and the risks and opportunities associated with it.
- An introduction to and discussion around collateralized mortgage obligations.
- How portfolio construction in the core bond space can deliver a compelling portfolio that differentiates from peers.
- How, with the most recent shift in interest rates, a core bond allocation is a vital part of any asset allocation.
Perception vs. Reality - The Vital Role of Insurance in a Thriving Advisory Practice
Presented by: Edward J. Mercier, Mark Colaço, & James Pryor
Join Dimensional's Mark Colaço, James Pryor of Jackson, and RetireOne’s Ed Mercier on Tuesday, September 20 to explore the impact of insurance offerings to RIA firms. Mark will share insights from Dimensional’s Advisor and Investor research that illustrates the value of including insurance in a holistic wealth management approach.
Register now to learn:
- How firms with higher client satisfaction scores and who achieve higher revenue growth, incorporate insurance into their offering.
- How clients measure the value they receive from their advisors.
- How firms may enhance their value propositions based on client perceptions of value.
- The evolution of advisory annuity solutions.
- How RIAs work with OIDs to integrate insurance and annuity solutions for clients.