Advisor Perspectives just wrapped up a momentous year, and I’d like to share with you some of our accomplishments from 2012 as well as our plans for next year.
We’ve expanded the readership for our weekly newsletter to more than 300,000 financial professionals who work for investment advisory firms and broker dealers. On average, more than 150,000 people visit our site each month. Several thousand advisors attended our hosted webinars, and more than 2,100 people participated in our recent reader survey.
Our readers are successful and highly engaged investment professionals, and turn to us seeking sophisticated and timely market and economic analysis, investment insights, and practice management advice to help them address their clients’ financial objectives more effectively. We’ve responded by expanding our team of contributing columnists to include Larry Siegel, Wade Pfau, Joe Tomlinson and Dick Vodra. They join veteran contributors such as Michael Edesess, Bob Veres, Geoff Considine and Dan Richards. Doug Short’s economic commentaries and charts give our readers access to timely market data and analysis from a prominent industry thought leader whose work is frequently cited in national business publications.
We’d like to thank our readers for making 2012 one of our most successful years ever, and we’re committed to making Advisor Perspectives even better in 2013. Some enhancements to look for include:
- More of the content you want. We will leverage the knowledge we’ve gained through our audience research to deliver more articles and commentaries that address your specific educational and business needs, written by subject-matter experts you trust.
- Continuing education (CE) content. Advisor Perspectives is now registered with the CFP Board to sponsor live educational webinars that can earn CE credits for the nearly 30% of our readers who are CFPs.
- More multimedia content. In addition to webinars, we plan to expand our selection of fund manager videos to include a broader range of investment firms and topics.
- Enhanced mobile features. We’re currentlydeveloping a proprietary iPhone app to complement our existing Flipboard-based iPad app. We’ll also be working on other enhancements to improve our design and functionality for other tablet and smartphone users.
- Improved search capabilities. We’ve completely revamped our search functionality to help you locate relevant archived content more efficiently.
- An exclusive online advisor community. In 2013, we will launch a new platform that will enable advisors to conduct peer-to-peer discussions on investment and practice management-related topics in a secure, password-protected interactive environment.
If you’re only receiving our weekly newsletter, you can enhance your Advisor Perspectives experience right now by becoming a subscriber. Click the “Subscribe” button on our site and you can elect to receive:
- Research Perspectives, our daily digest of timely commentaries from the nation’s leading authors and investment firms
- Email offers from Advisor Perspectives and our advertisers featuring white papers, webinars, and other value-added offers
- RSS feeds with links to our current commentaries and articles
- Our iPad-optimized content on Flipboard
All of our current and upcoming initiatives are firmly grounded in our mission: to provide actionable insights that enable you to make better decisions and improve outcomes for your clients. We look forward to continuing this mission in 2013 and beyond.